Subject: RE:Multi-processors?
From: Simon Auchterlonie <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 04:20:56 -0500

Eric Gooch wrote on Fir, Jan 12, 1996. 2:05AM

>I'm doing some rendering tests on a Dual cpu P5 166. I thought one good
>test would be to run a separate version of Lightwave on each cpu, until I
>realized I had no idea how to go about doing this. How do you know >after
>starting an application which cpu it's running on?

>Is there a way to specify a cpu for a certain task, or even verify once
>running which processor is being used for which task?

I asked two of the head programmers at work and unfortunatly got two
different replys.

1.) If using NT, NT will treat the distribution of both programs
evenly as if using only one CPU.

2.) If using NT, NT will automatically distribute a CPU to each of the
programs.

And now for my 0.02 (or $0.02) worth. I've heard that to use both
cpu's as one you will need a program that supports multiple processors.
This in my opinion is the best way.

Hope that some of this was of some use, if not flame me.

Simon.Auchterlonie